This post might include affiliate links for products that I know and LOVE!
“I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”
Nachos are one of my all-time favorite snacks. I think I could eat them everyday and NEVER get sick of it! I wanted to put my own twist on the ever-popular bell pepper trend, so here it is. Keto Bell Pepper Nachos.
I love eating this for lunch! It’s so creamy and delicious. I prefer putting ground beef on mine, but you could also use chicken or if you wanted a non-low-carb meal, beans. If for some reason, you aren’t into peppers, you could also use pork rinds to get a great crunch.
Mini bell peppers are a great match for this dish. Not only are they crunchy but they also contain a LOT of health benefits. They’re low in calories and they provide your body with antioxidants galore. They’re full of Vitamin A, fiber, and potassium.
I wanted to share with you a brand new line of spices that I am LOVING! You’ll notice this recipe uses Enspice taco seasoning. Enspice is on a mission to end childhood malnutrition by putting nutrients BACK in food. They do this by infusing their spices with plant-based nutrients, no synthetic sources. They are also self-funded, which is super cool! Enspice is enhanced with 21 plant-based vitamins and minerals with nutrients from 10 organic plants. Just one t. of Enspice contains 50% of the FDA’s daily values. Their spices are gluten-free, kosher, and non-GMO. The best part of purchasing Enspice? Each purchase donates one meal to a hungry child.
I was lucky to be able to try Enspice’s spice blends and man, am I impressed. I was slightly worried that a spice enhanced with veggies would taste weird, but they actually taste just the same if not BETTER. They have Cape Cod, which is a Creole-ish blend, perfect for all seafood, Cinnamon, Taco Seasoning, Chipotle BBQ (my fave!!), Black Pepper, and Seasoned Salt. I highly recommend trying them out! If you’re a fan of sneaking veggies into all the things, you’ll love them. If you want to try them out, visit their website. If you enter the code “MOMSMEET” you can get 10% off your purchase. Offer good until 12-30-20!
On to the recipe! 🙂
- 5-6 Mini Bell Peppers
- 1 oz 1/3 Fat Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2. t. Taco Seasoning (I use Enspice!)
- 1/2 c. Cooked Ground Beef Crumbles or Shredded Chicken
- 1-2 T. Shredded Cheese
- Additional toppings of choice (Avocado, Sour Cream/Greek Yogurt, Salsa, Pickled Jalapenos)
- Cut the tops off your peppers and slice them in half.
- Mix together your cream cheese and 1 t. taco seasoning.
- Spread a small schmear of cream cheese mixture on top of each pepper half.
- Warm your ground beef crumbles and season with remaining taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle ground beef over your peppers and top with shredded cheese.
- Top with any additional toppings your little heart can think of.