This post might include affiliate links for products that I know and LOVE!
Peanut Butter + Chocolate =Peanut Butter Brownie Bites!
I wanted to create a “cute” dessert that tastes amazing. My goal is to create healthy desserts that don’t taste healthy. I tweaked my brownie base from my Better than Snickers Cake to create a brownie that is so fudgy, you can’t tell it’s Trim Healthy Mama-fied. Seriously, I made my husband (aka guinea pig!) try them since he’s brutally honest and he said he couldn’t tell a difference. He’s the brownie king, so if he says these rock..they rock! 🙂
This dessert is super rich, so I put it in miniature form. I find that two, sometimes three bites is enough to fix my chocolate cravings. I used a mini silicone bundt cake type form that I found thrift shopping. I like this pan because it adds the little divot in the top. If you don’t have a pan like mine, you can use a mini muffin tin, or even a large muffin tin and press a spoon into the brownies as soon as they come out of the oven. I have no clue where my pan was originally from, as there’s no brand name or anything on it! I did find this similar one on Amazon, though. I’m going to buy this one as soon as possible since it’s pink and all. 😉
Here’s where you can find the THM-specialty products I used:
Gentle Sweet (The BEST sweetener for newbies!)
PS: I like these brownies best after they’ve been in the fridge for an hour or so. 🙂
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 2 oz Unsweetened Baker's Chocolate (Solid bars you can find in the baking aisle!)
- 3 T. Cashew Milk
- 1/2 C plus 2 T. Gentle Sweet
- 3/4 C Baking Blend
- 3 Eggs
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Mineral Salt
- 1/2 Block Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 T. Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C. Peanut Flour
- 1/2 C Gentle Sweet (Can add more to taste if you like things REALLY sweet!)
- 1 dash Vanilla
- 3 T. Almond or Cashew Milk (Use your judgement when adding this liquid. Add more or less depending on how you like the consistency. This makes a very thick icing)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and bakers chocolate over low heat till just smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir until combined. I used a little silicone pan for my bites. I baked mine for 20 minutes. You can use a larger muffin tin for bigger "bites", just make sure to adjust the cooking time! You want your brownies to be just barely done, as I find this makes them super fudgy.
- Combine all ingredients. Add more almond/cashew milk if you see fit. Pipe icing on top of cooled brownie bites.
- While this recipe doesn't contain okra, I still found it tastes best after being in the fridge for a couple of hours!
- Since this is a decadent dessert, I'd say one or two bites would be a serving.
These sound yummy….but what do you mean by ‘1/2 bar Baker’s Chocolate’? Baker’s Chocolate comes in a box with 2 oz squares. Do you mean 1/2 of one of those squares?
Hi Mari-Lou! I edited the recipe to clarify. I used 2 oz of a 4 oz box of unsweetened Baker’s chocolate. So 1/2 of the bar. 🙂
I’m not sure what a 1/2 a bar of bakers chocolate is. My box hast 8 squares. Do you mean 4 squares. What kind of chocolate did you use.
I edited the recipe to clarify that better. My apologies! I used 2 oz of a package of unsweetened baking chocolate, the brand name is Baker’s. 🙂 So 1/2 of the packaged bar.
Can you sub almond milk for the cashew milk in the batter recipe?
Yes, Ma’am! 🙂
Can i sub super sweet blend for the gentle sweet by halving the amount? Will it meds with the consistency needed?
Yes you can! I don’t think it would mess anything up! 🙂