This post might include affiliate links for products that I know and LOVE!
My Basic Breakfast Quiche tastes extremely decadent, but it’s surprisingly light. It even has a crust, which in my opinion, is the best kind of quiche. Don’t let the word quiche fool you! This is an easy breakfast that anyone can throw together. This meal was a huge hit with my husband and kids, who couldn’t believe how cheesy it was! It really doesn’t feel like you’re eating an “E”, but rather a cheesy, fat-filled Crossover!
Trim Healthy Mama girls, this is an “E” breakfast because of the sprouted bread. It isn’t a Crossover because we use egg whites and an extremely light cheese. This adds a lot of creaminess without any of the added fat. Feel free to customize this quiche with “E” friendly ingredients if you have them on hand! Here are a couple of ideas:
- Turkey Bacon
- Lean deli lunch meat
- A few slices of tomato
- 1% Cottage Cheese
- Nutritional yeast (I love this one from Trim Healthy Mama!)
- Green onion
Let me know what other combos you come up with! I have a few more in the works that I hope to share with you all soon!
This recipe makes 1 8×8 inch pan and it serves 4-6. You can prep this the night before and store it in your fridge. I have done this and while the “crust” isn’t as crisp, it is still tasty. I haven’t tried freezing this yet, but from past experience, eggs tend to change texture after frozen and not always for the best. 🙂 Try it at your own discretion!
For all your Trim Healthy Mama needs, check out the official THM store!
You Might Also Like These Breakfast Recipes:
Pin my Basic Breakfast Quiche here!
- 4-6 pieces of sprouted bread
- 1/4 C. Chopped Onion
- 1/4 C. Chopped Pepper
- 2 C. Egg Whites
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 4 Wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese
- Parmesan cheese Garnish amount. I used the green can kind. 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan.
- Lay the sprouted bread in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the onions and peppers on top of the bread.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the egg whites, spices and wedges of cheese until smooth.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (garnish amount)
- Pour into the pan and bake for 30-45 minutes or until set in the middle. Enjoy!
Sounds delicious! Thanks