This post might include affiliate links for products that I know and LOVE!
In our homeschool, we’ve started doing an afternoon tea time a few days a week. During this time, we read poetry or our current read aloud (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). I like to have a special snack prepped and these Cranberry Orange Scones totally fit the bill! They are the perfect tea-time (or anytime) snack!
I wish I could take full credit for this recipe, but I can’t. They come from my friend Maya over at Wholesome Yum! She just created this amazing cookbook called “The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook” and was gracious enough to let me share this recipe! Her cookbook is gorgeous, with full pictures and clear directions. I think you guys will really appreciate the simplicity of the recipes! Trim Healthy Mama friends, these recipes fall under the “S” category.
Cranberry Orange Scones Tips From Wholesome Yum:
- Make sure to use blanched, finely ground almond flour for the best texture.
- If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw them first. Otherwise, the scones will be too wet.
- To avoid the hassle of zesting an orange, you can use 1/2 or 1 teaspoon orange extract instead, depending on the potency.
- If you are not dairy-free, butter works as a substitute for coconut oil.
- This recipe makes 8 scones.
I enjoyed making this recipe for my family. The scones were such a lovely treat. They were moist and the hint of orange with the cranberries was perfect for the Fall season. I recommend NOT skimping on the orange zest. I use this zester from Amazon.
If you’d like to learn more about The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook, you can click here.